CEM Services is a specialist contracting company working in the Irish construction industry and we recognise that our operations have an impact on the environment in terms of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water and waste generation, and seek to minimise this as far as is reasonably practicable. We are committed to improving our environmental performance, preventing pollution, and complying with all current environmental legislation and regulations relevant to our industry sector.
Our environmental policy includes the following objectives and targets that all employees should strive towards:
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste, and recycling where possible.
- Meet our duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste.
- Use recycled construction materials whenever these can be commercially justified.
- Keep transport to a minimum and regularly service our vehicles to maintain their efficiency.
- Work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
- Plan and execute works to minimise the effects of noise, dust, disturbance and inconvenience to those affected by such operations.
- Keep our work sites clean and tidy to ensure minimum disturbance to clients, other contractors and the general public.
- Report and correct environmental incidents when they occur.
- Promote and environmental culture through employee consultation and training.
- Monitor and continually seek improved environmental performance. We will review this policy on an annual basis, taking into account any changes in legislation, our organisation, our work, and other relevant factors.
Waste management priorities of CEM Services are based on the principal of the EU waste management hierarchy as illustrated below:
- Source Reduction and Reuse most preferred
- Combustion with Energy Recovery
- Landfilling and Incineration least preferred
We are currently working towards achieving ISO 14001:2004 accreditation of our waste management system.